View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 03:54 AM   #13
zero-g
Premium Member

zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!zero-g is a forum GOD!!
Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100 Points: 1,924,783,271, Level: 100
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisisnotChad View Post
Seriously???
Yup , I'm pretty sure anyway.
I seem to remember some hype about it . I think the air force got a new Commander , or whatever they call their top ranked official only a couple of years ago.

edit*** this was the story I was thinking of, it was the Air Force Pacific.(didn't know it was structured like that)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Pacific.html

Quote:
Obama picks first woman non-pilot to head Air Force in Pacific
Quote:
  • Air Force Lt. Gen. Lori J. Robinson will be replacing a veteran pilot who is moving on to another post
  • Her appointment reportedly comes amid a push for diversity in higher ranks of the military
A female general who has never piloted a military aircraft has been nominated by US President Barack Obama to head the Air Force in the Pacific.
Air Force Lt. Gen. Lori J. Robinson was nominated by the president for a fourth star and to be commanding general of the military branch’s Pacific operations.
If confirmed, she will be the first four-star female commander of combat forces, the Pentagon announced. But many wonder if her lack of experience in the air puts US forces on a highway to the danger zone.
‘You make operational decisions that require the understanding of what you are going to ask pilots to execute in combat where the wrong decisions mean the difference between life and death,’ a retired pilot told the Washington Times.
‘Now her vice commander and director of operations will be rated fighter pilots, but still she makes the decisions.’
Despite her lack of experience behind the controls, she is currently the vice commander of Air Force Combat Command – which is in charge of bomber and fighter jets.
Her time in this capacity was used as defense by the Pentagon for her nomination.

the article continues , but that's the jist there.

one of these old codgers around here probably knows more about AF brass than I ever will though, was hoping one of them could say.

Last edited by zero-g; 01-23-2016 at 04:14 AM.
zero-g is offline   Reply With Quote